- 1. Our Privacy Principles
- 2. Relevant Privacy Legislation
- 3. Who We Are
- 4. What Information Do We Collect about You
- 5. How We Use Your Information
- 6. Sharing Information
- 7. Security – Safeguarding Your Information
- 8. Cookies
- 9. Access to Your Information and Correction
1. Our Privacy Principles
- We will never spam you with irrelevant emails
- You may opt out or in of our email communications at any time
- You have the right to remove any information we may hold about you
- We will never sell, rent, make public or distribute your personal information
- Data is a liability and therefore should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
2. Relevant Privacy Legislation
In line with Sunshineweb’s internal processes and systems, this website is designed to comply with the following policies:
- UK Data Protection Act 1998
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
3. Who We Are
Sunshineweb, 105 Windermere Drive, Worcester, WR4 9JF, United Kingdom
Data Protection Officer: Paul Wylie +44(0)1905 633 222
4. What Information Do We Collect about You
4.1 Contact Forms
We collect the following information about you when you complete a form on our website:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Other information you supply relevant to your enquiry
Your email address will not be shared with anyone outside of Sunshineweb.
All email communications are stored in our SiteGround email account for up to seven years or until such time as we delete them (whichever event happens first).
4.3 Google Analytics (Google LLC)
Like most websites, our website uses Google Analytics (GA) provided by Google LLC. This tool collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. We use this information to better understand how visitors find us and how they interact with our website. This will enable us to make adjustments to our website so we can deliver a better user experience.
We only use Google Analytics if you give consent to cookies, and you can adjust your settings and opt-out at any time via the Cookie Settings.
4.4 Tidio (Tidio LLC)
Tidio is a communication platform provided by Tidio LLC, which allows users to communicate online.
We use Tidio to allow visitors to our website to communicate with us in real time.
4.5 About Our Website’s Server
All traffic (the transfer of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
4.6 Log Information
Like most website operators, we collect non-personally identifying information that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
We also collect potentially personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged-in users and for users leaving comments on our blogs.
5. How We Use Your Information
We collect information about you to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Specifically, we use your information to:
- Provide our services to you. For example, to create your website or perform search engine optimisation on your website.
- Further develop our services. For example, by adding new features that we think our clients will enjoy or making them easier to use.
- Monitor and protect the security of our services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Sunshineweb and others.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer that are similar or relevant to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, such contact will only be made by email or phone, from which you can opt out at any time.
- Send you important notifications. For example, we may inform you of temporary or permanent changes to our services, such as planned outages, new features and software version updates.
- Communicate with you and provide customer support, including troubleshooting, system and security updates and testing.
- Personalise your experience using our services and present content in the most effective manner for you.
6. Sharing Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances outlined below and with appropriate safeguards for your privacy:
- Third-Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our services (like analytics providers).
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a legal request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Sunshineweb, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good-faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
7. Security – Safeguarding Your Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal information.
Our payment processing vendors (Stripe and PayPal) use security measures to protect your information both during the transaction and after it is complete. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you may contact us.
A cookie is a small piece of code that a website asks your browser (eg Chrome, Internet Explorer) to store on your computer or mobile device in order to remember your preferences the next time you visit the website again.
You can manage your cookies through your browser settings. You can also manage the cookies used on this website directly through the Cookie Settings.
9. Access to Your Information and Correction
If you provide us with your personal information, you have the following rights:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us under the Data Protection Act 1998
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your user information not be used to contact you
- To request that your user information be deleted from our records
- To exercise any of these rights, please contact us
We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.